Search...

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Hurricane Dorian


Last night, College of Charleston went very back and forth on whether or not to cancel school, but after the Governor of South Carolina issued a State of Emergency, the College decided to close its doors for the week.
A huge amount of students evacuated last night. It was so weird walking around with not a single person in sight, and if they were they had an overnight bag of sorts.  
I was originally just going to stay in Charleston and wait it out, but my Dad called and told me he was booking me a ticket on a train so here I am, 4 hours in to this trip with 4 more to go.
Luckily, my friend is with me due to our being from the same area, so I'm not alone but still incredibly bored. 
My stay in DC ended up being relatively short and just as boring as I imagined. I spent almost all of it on my couch, but I got to spend a good amount of time with my brother, thankfully.


Hope everyone evacuated safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment